unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* How to configure emacs for editing config.scm again?
@ 2020-11-29 13:16 znavko--- via
From: znavko--- via @ 2020-11-29 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello! I have lost my way of search how to configure emacs
for editing config.scm with Scheme highlight mode and parentheses completion.

1. This my instruction does not work: [1]

The mistake is that after start emacs it shows white screen and
requires Scheme implementation (attach 1).

I do not know what to type for this requirement (but i am not familiar with
keys) i just press C-x C-c.
2. Another advice also does not work [2]

# cat ~/.emacs

(add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook 'rainbow-delimiters-mode)
(add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'rainbow-delimiters-mode)
It does not highlight parentheses and does not complete code (attach 2)
3. This instruction to do "M-x run-geiser RET" [3]
does not work too (attach 3).
I have these packages:

# guix package -I | grep ema | cut -f1
emacs
emacs-paredit
emacs-geiser
emacs-scheme-complete
emacs-rainbow-delimiters
[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-04/msg00061.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2018-11/msg00237.html
[3] https://ebzzry.io/en/emacs-scheme/

[-- Attachment #2: emacs-start-scheme-requirements.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 25171 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: emacs-rainbow-parens.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 115969 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #4: run-geiser.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 92972 bytes --]

* Re: How to configure emacs for editing config.scm again?
@ 2020-11-29 21:36 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-11-29 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko, help-guix

Hi,

On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 at 13:16, znavko--- via <help-guix@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hello! I have lost my way of search how to configure emacs
> for editing config.scm with Scheme highlight mode and parentheses
> completion.

I do not know what you want exactly.

These lines fix “M-x run-geiser” using Guile as default.  And highlight
some Scheme code with Paredit as parenthesis  tools.

(setq geiser-active-implementations '(guile))
(with-eval-after-load 'scheme
  (add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook 'enable-paredit-mode))

Hope that helps,
simon

* Re: How to configure emacs for editing config.scm again?
@ 2020-12-03 18:55 ` znavko
From: znavko @ 2020-12-03 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun, help-guix

Thank you!

I want emacs brushes my code making indents and auto-completing it closing parentheses.
It does not do nothing now. Only highlights it.

Could you please tell how to force emacs work deeply with my code :)
for it becomes wonderful for further copy-pasting here in Guix Help :)) ??

November 29, 2020 9:43 PM, "zimoun" <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 at 13:16, znavko--- via <help-guix@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello! I have lost my way of search how to configure emacs
>> for editing config.scm with Scheme highlight mode and parentheses
>> completion.
>
> I do not know what you want exactly.
>
> These lines fix “M-x run-geiser” using Guile as default. And highlight
> some Scheme code with Paredit as parenthesis tools.

> (setq geiser-active-implementations '(guile))
> (with-eval-after-load 'scheme
> (add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook 'enable-paredit-mode))
>
> Hope that helps,
> simon

[-- Attachment #2: emacs-no-geiser-parens.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 144375 bytes --]

* Re: How to configure emacs for editing config.scm again?
@ 2020-12-03 19:40   ` Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski @ 2020-12-03 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko, zimoun, help-guix

Maybe the Paredit extension can ne what you are looking for !

Jérémy

@ 2020-12-10 15:12   ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2020-12-10 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: znavko, help-guix

Hi,

On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 at 18:55, znavko@disroot.org wrote:

> I want emacs brushes my code making indents and auto-completing it closing parentheses.
> It does not do nothing now. Only highlights it.
>
> Could you please tell how to force emacs work deeply with my code :)
> for it becomes wonderful for further copy-pasting here in Guix Help :)) ??

Maybe you could give a look at the experimental package guile-studio.
Maybe it is the kind of out-of-the-box setup you want.  I do not know.

I am not convinced that a copy/pasting Emacs setup is the right
direction, since the Emacs philosophy is the very opposite: make the
tool corresponding to your own needs.

HTH,
simon

* Re: How to configure emacs for editing config.scm again?
@ 2021-01-01 21:36   ` znavko
From: znavko @ 2021-01-01 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun, help-guix