unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Cannot lock screen in lxqt desktop
@ 2024-03-01 10:28 Reza Housseini
From: Reza Housseini @ 2024-03-01 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guixers

When I click "Lock Screen" in the desktop menu I get a popup with the
warning

   Failed to run "xdg-screensaver lock". Ensure you have a
locker/screensaver compatible with xdg-screensaver installed and running.

I tried installing xlock and slock and setting up a screen locker
service [1] with no success.

Was anyone successfull running a screen locker in lxqt? And why does
this not work out of the box like in GNOME?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Reza

[1] screen-locker-service-type