sincere thanks Gottfried Am 24.10.22 um 15:19 schrieb Luis Felipe: > Hi Gottfried, > > > ------- Original Message ------- > On Monday, October 24th, 2022 at 12:17, Gottfried wrote: > > > What I do is set the LANG variable to C. For example, in a terminal, you'd run: > > LANG=C guix describe > > And you'd get the output in English only for that command. If you run it again without the "LANG=C" part, you should see the output in German. > > I see the value C as "the language or locale in which programs were originally written". In this case it is English because Guix is written in English. > > You can use the same trick to use programs in any of the languages they are localized to. For example, the following prints the output in French: > > LANG=fr_FR.utf8 guix describe > > To find out what kind of values you can pass to LANG, you can run the following command: > > locale --all > > That command is provided by the package "gcc-toolchain". > > Hope that helps, >