unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Create package to add new files
@ 2022-06-27 20:22 calcium via
From: calcium via @ 2022-06-27 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I tried using the procedures text-file* and plain-file but I can't manage to make it works.

Im trying to define a package that will be used to add files to cups, in the same ways taht the package brlaser add files. But no luck, every time I try to create a `plain-file` the build fails.

Help appreciated

(define-public
  add-my-filters-and-ppd
  (package/inherit
   brlaser
   (name "add-my-filters-and-ppd")
   (arguments
    `(#:phases
      (modify-phases
       %standard-phases
       ;; (delete 'configure) ;no 'configure' script
       (replace
        'install
        (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
                 ;; The package's Makefile doesn't provide an "install"
                 ;; rule so do it by ourselves.
                 (let ((filter-dir
                        (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out")
                                       "/lib/cups/filter"))
                       (ppd-dir
                        (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out")
                                       "/share/ppd/cupsfilters")))
                   ;; (install-file
                   ;;  (plain-file "brother_lpdwrapper_printer-model"
                   ;;              "ldwrapper string/content of file"))
                   ;; (install-file
                   ;;  (plain-file "brother-printer-model-cups-en.ppd"
                   ;;              ".ppd string/content of file")
                   ;;  ppd-dir)
                   )
                 #t)))))))

* Re: Create package to add new files
@ 2022-08-18 14:19 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-08-18 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: calcium, help-guix

Hi,

On Mon, 27 Jun 2022 at 22:22, calcium via <help-guix@gnu.org> wrote:
> I tried using the procedures text-file* and plain-file but I can't
> manage to make it works.

Well, I am not sure it is what you are looking for.  There are from
G-expressions [1] when you probably just want install some files.

1: <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#G_002dExpressions>

>        (replace
>         'install
>         (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
>                  ;; The package's Makefile doesn't provide an "install"
>                  ;; rule so do it by ourselves.
>                  (let ((filter-dir
>                         (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out")
>                                        "/lib/cups/filter"))
>                        (ppd-dir
>                         (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out")
>                                        "/share/ppd/cupsfilters")))
>                    ;; (install-file
>                    ;;  (plain-file "brother_lpdwrapper_printer-model"
>                    ;;              "ldwrapper string/content of file"))

For instance, instead of…

>                    ;; (install-file
>                    ;;  (plain-file "brother-printer-model-cups-en.ppd"
>                    ;;              ".ppd string/content of file")
>                    ;;  ppd-dir)
>                    )
>                  #t)))))))

maybe this: