Hi Hubert, On Thursday, April 21st, 2022 at 5:34 PM, Hubert Lombard wrote: > Congratulations to Luis Felipe for the "10 Years ..." logo > https://guix.gnu.org/static/blog/img/10-years-of-guix_colorful-10.gif Thanks :) > I paint pictures with oil and acrylic paint. Once photographed, the > image processing is done with Gimp. If I put some of them under a free > license, it might be a good idea to decorate some native Guix video > games... I think they could work for many things. I particularly liked these: https://www.hubert-lombard.website/image5.php#grand-format https://www.hubert-lombard.website/image8.php#grand-format https://www.hubert-lombard.website/image12.php#grand-format https://www.hubert-lombard.website/image13.php#grand-format > Also, I love the Hurd (without knowing much about it). I was amazed to > successfully install K9 in 2004, on real hardware. Without having > really used it for a long time, I was able to live some moments of pure > enchantment. A few years later, I also had the chance to exchange a few > words with Samuel Thibault at the RMLL in Bordeaux. > > That's why I sometimes dream of contributing (it would be graphic > works) to guix-hurd! I don't paint much but looking at your landscapes I could picture a warm savanna and a herd of wildebeest running in the distance. I think that could make for a nice background. > What do you think? Guix is a great adventure to contribute to at any > level, and I would be happy to participate again. I don't see why not. Traditional and digital media can be mixed :) Personally, what I do is sketch ideas (pencil/pen on paper) whenever Guile or Guix activity makes me imagine something. I keep them around. When the time comes (a Guix event, a request from Guix people, etc.), I go through the sketches, sketch more if necessary, scan the ones I think that could work and develop them further in Inkscape (and MyPaint and GIMP). When one of the pieces passes my own quality standards, I send a proposal. One part where I think graphics help a lot is when posting on the Fediverse, for example. There's a lot of activity over there and text-only posts may just look like water in the stream. Posts with graphics, screenshots, etc., stand out. I sometimes propose graphics to Guix users and contributors posting about their own initiatives there (packaging meetups, documentation meetups). And I post independently too. Hope that helps,