Hi David, On Thursday, August 25th, 2022 at 18:33, david larsson wrote: > I use emacs with plugins like jupyter, flake8, magit, and jedi that > gives autocompletion for Python, including from org-mode files and > org-src buffers - see attached screenshot. It works nicely so far. Thanks. Actually, Emacs Elpy uses several common packages used to program Python in Emacs. It's just that it started failing for me a couple of months ago for different reasons so I thought it would be good to find a fallback editor. However, I found out that there was something in my monolithic Emacs init.el causing autocompletion to fail. I haven't been able to pinpoint the configuration snippet that is causing the problem though. So I just ditched that init.el and started using different, short initialization files depending on the need, and now I can use Emacs Elpy again normaly. > I have modified some emacs plugins a bit, and am currently working on > refining things for a setup that gives nice auto-completion for Python, > Javascript and Guile, which can be used from Emacs with a simple > installation of a manifest, and maybe a home-configuration in the > future. Oh, yeah, I use Emacs launched from guix shell environments specific to my projects. > I use a custom channel, waiting to also have related packages be refined > enough to be submitted to guix master. > > https://gitlab.com/methuselah-0/my-guix-packages > > My current emacs config will almost certainly see some new commits be > pushed to https://gitlab.com/methuselah-0/my-guix-packages in the > following weeks. > > Auto-completion, with code-signatures, jump-to-definition etc is working > and possible, but not with a simple out-of-the-box installation from > Guix yet. Though Im working on it :-) I think it is already possible. As far as I know, Emacs Elpy enables those features: linting, autocompletion, function signatures displayed for the function at point, displaying function documentation, and jumping to definition, some refactoring, ... My current Elpy configuration is just this: ;; Enable Elpy IDE. ;; https://elpy.readthedocs.io/ ;; (elpy-enable) (setq elpy-rpc-python-command "python3") ; Is this still needed? ;; Use Flycheck instead of Flymake ;; (Flymake makes Emacs unresponsive unpredictably). ;; (when (load "flycheck" t t) (setq elpy-modules (delq 'elpy-module-flymake elpy-modules)) (add-hook 'elpy-mode-hook 'flycheck-mode)) Cheers,