On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 04:07:55PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi, > > Konrad Hinsen skribis: > > > I spent a lot of time on this problem, and reached the conclusion that > > it's the existence of two different versions of GnuPG that causes the > > trouble. GnuPG then picks up the wrong version of gpg-agent, discovers a > > version mismatch, and gives up on password checking. A rather strange > > way to handle security! > > Ah, in that case that’s a different problem. > > I remember there were issues along these lines at the time GnuPG 2.2 (?) > was released and the previous major version was still around, but that > was quite some time ago. > > I don’t have the solution off the top if my head, but there ought to be > one; maybe having PATH consistently prefer either Guix’s profile or > Ubuntu would help? > > Maybe we’ll improvise a GPG debugging sessions in Paris next week, who > knows? ;-) Ah yes, needing to be explicit about using Guix's gnupg or the host's gnupg and not mixing the two. I've run into that problem before with Guix on foreign-distro. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted