I have a channel which only has IETF RFCs, so I guess that's like having documentation. In theory if you can write a build that will provide you with what you want you can build it with Guix. I would say actually running Guix on any of this small hardware is outside of the scope of Guix. https://gitlab.com/Efraim/guix-ietf On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 05:18:43PM -0500, Julien Lepiller wrote: > I think guix can be used for more than just packages. When you say documentation, what comes to mind is package documentation, but we also have man-pages, which contains no programs, only… well… man pages :). We also have sicp that contains only a book. > > With cross-compilation, it shouldn't be too hard to build something for an embedded system, though that's still something that needg to be demonstrated I think. > > Le 10 décembre 2021 08:00:23 GMT-05:00, Peter Polidoro a écrit : > >Could Guix be used for packages that do not strictly contain > >operating system software? > > > >For example, could Guix be used for packages of embedded code and > >their dependencies to be run on a little RTOS, like Zephyr, or > >bare metal, like Arduino or PlatformIO libraries? > > > >Could it be used for hardware, like a Kicad pcb package that > >depends on component and footprint packages, or packages of > >FreeCAD mechanical assemblies that depend on part packages? > > > >Can Guix packages be used for documentation and other data? > > > >Or are all of these types of packages way outside the scope of > >Guix? Although it could still be used for the operating system > >software development environments for these types of projects, it > >might be very powerful to package other types of code and data as > >well. > > -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted