Hi, I've spent nearly the day on this and it's driving me crazy. I am trying to package this cyvcf2 [1] I am attaching the packaging I've tried. The build is failing with this error: running build_ext # cyvcf2: htslib mode is BUILTIN # cyvcf2: htslib configure options is None error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './configure' error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception: %exception #<&invoke-error program: "python" arguments: ("./setup.py" "build") exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> What is very disturbing is that it builds fine in a debugging environment following the documentation [2] The .configure file is present in the failed build, so there must be something going on with the setup.py not managing to change directory to htslib in the build_htslib function. If anyone has any guidelines to debug this further it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Alexis [1] https://github.com/brentp/cyvcf2/ [2] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Debugging-Build-Failures