Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Ludovic Courtès writes: >> Ricardo Wurmus skribis: >>> Julien Lepiller writes: >>>> If there is a way to mark a sentence to wrap it into a class, we could also do some CSS magic with :before. >> >> What about adding some more post-processing in doc/build.scm? :-) > > If we’re okay with wrapping individual lines in @code{…} that won’t be necessary. Having each logical line of code within @code results in > >
>     this line
>     that line
>
> > and that’s something we *can* style with CSS. May I chime in? Do I get it right: you are suggesting to remove prompts from .texi and put them back in HTML output only — leaving other formats with not prompts? And that is only to make them unselectable? I do not quite understand, why this is needed at all (are there multiline examples in the manual, that expected to be blindly copypasted to terminal?), but in any case no hacks like ‘::before’ are required — ‘user-select: none’ is supported by all modern webengines (yet sometimes with prefix):
$ wget …/guix-install.sh
	$ su -
	# bash ./guix-install.sh