Taylan Kammer wrote: > On 07.10.2019 16:32, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >> https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/ > > Some drama about this leaked out of my mailing list-specific sub-folders (which I only skim occasionally) into my main INBOX, so of course I had to jump straight into it even though I'm barely around these days. ;-) > > Jokes aside, I wanted to ask: > > Hasn't RMS already officially stepped down? What position does he hold within today's GNU project other than being a wise old person (wise with respect to his topics of expertise) who is respected a lot? Relevant mails from RMS himself are below. (Please note, that newsgroup, as it often happens on Gmane, is misnamed, it’s GNU’s ML, not FSF’s.)