unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Steve George <steve@futurile.net>
To: help-guix@gnu.org, guix-devel@gnu.org
Cc: Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr>
Subject: Patch review session tomorrow (Thursday 7th March)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 23:10:17 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

A reminder that the first patch review session is happening tomorrow, Thursday 7th March.

Who knows how many people will be there, or what level of experience everyone will have. We'll be learning what works as we try out these sessions.

Hopefully, Andreas Enge with his 'committer' hat on will be able to talk about how he reviews patches. I'm hoping we'll have some other experienced developers who will also be able to add their tips and tricks. If possible we'll break into groups - or just one big group - and everyone will start learning and doing reviews!

I've added a series of steps to do a review using plain CLI tools:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024

For those that use Emacs, there is information in the manual or please add to the Wiki page.

You can register (on Meetup) through the Patch review page:

If you would just like to come along, it will be on this link:

https://meet.jit.si/london-guix-meetup

According to my current understanding of timezones it will be at:

18:00 UTC, 18:00 GMT (London), 19:00 CET (Paris), 13:00 EST (New York)

See you there!

Steve / Futurile