Hi, On Monday, December 12th, 2022 at 10:28, Antonio Carlos Padoan Junior wrote: > Mekeor Melire mekeor@posteo.de writes: > > > By the way, personally, starting "guix repl --listen=tcp:37146" > > from terminal and then running M-x geiser-connect makes Emacs > > freeze for me. Do you experience the same? > > Yes, that was exactly my issue. > > The .guile file that you mentioned, the one provided automatically by > Guix system (I was not aware of it), was responsible for the problem at > the end. This script provide colors and other utilities when using guile > from a terminal. If you connect to the guile session using geiser, you > have a session in emacs with a colored prompt as well (it is necessary > to use C-g to escape the hang). The colors in prompt are not properly parsed > by geiser, I think so. > > I deleted my .guix file and tried again. Everything was fine. > > Now that I learned that .guix file was automatically created (and it was not > something I eventually created myself), I think this issue is something > that should be documented/clarified somewhere or improved. There's this bug report which seems to be related: Connecting Geiser to Guile listening to a socket: No prompt found! (.guile to blame) https://issues.guix.gnu.org/35727. I still can reproduce it on Guix System f0ee77a.