Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Ricardo Wurmus writes: > >> “ecj-bootstrap-4.8” appears to be broken on mips64el and armhf (using it >> to bootstrap GCJ results in a broken GCJ on these platforms), and I’m >> hoping that the situation is different for the 4.9 release. > > I just tried to build both icedtea6 and icedtea7 with this, but both > fail with the same error, similar to this one: Turns out that it was just icedtea6 that was failing. “icedtea7” depends on “ant”, which is built by “icedtea6”. This is unnecessary, because “ant” can actually be built with the latest GCJ. So I made the following changes: * build “ant” with the new “gcj” package instead of “icedtea6” * replace “ant-bootstrap” (the ugly binary version of “ant”) with the regular “ant” as it no longer results in a circular dependency. (Since “icedtea7” inherits from “icedtea6” I had to make a minor change to that package as well.) * update “icedtea6” to latest version (overdue security update; sorry) With these changes “icedtea6” builds fine and I’m happy that we could do with one bootstrap binary less. These four patches (the one to update GCJ and the three attached here) are very simple and I’d be happy for a review! ~~ Ricardo