This is a patch to add bedtools to the bioinformatics module. It depends on samtools and is part of the bioinformatics module created with the samtools patch. Since there is no install phase in the Makefile I had to write a replacement to copy all tools from the build bin/ directory to the output /bin/ directory. I don't know if it is better to explicitly list the tools to copy or if this should rather be done with a glob pattern. Another source of ugliness in the recipe is the patch-makefile-SHELL-definition phase which is really just patch-makefile-SHELL but working on ":=" definitions rather than "=" assignments. Augmenting patch-makefile-SHELL to handle definitions as well would result in a cleaner package recipe. Cheers, rekado