Am 05.02.24 um 19:44 schrieb Suhail: > Could you please share a reference where the key difficulties you > encountered wrt the "current mail-based workflow" are summarized. Is > the difficulty regd. checking out the code at the right commit and > installing the patches, or something else? It's not only installing and testing the patches, but also * when has this issue/patch been worked on last - is somebody currently working on it * what issue/patches I started to review? * commenting on code requires to download the patch - strip out parts which are okay, comment, then mail the commented code to the correct issue number * Even when using the debbugs interface in emacs o It is is hard to use for occasional users o It is an insurmountable obstacle for those not using emacs. o It does not tell what issues/patches I've been working on already - and waiting for a reply o It does not tell which issues are stale Anyhow, all of this has been discussed several times already. And as long as vocal (and active :-) members of the community insist on being able to work via e-mail — while also not adopting modern e-mail-capable forges — this situation will not change. Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel |h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | |www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |