* I just got my pinephone.
@ 2021-09-01 19:39 Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2021-09-01 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey Guix!

I just got my phinephone.  It's currently running postmarketOS (1).  I
usually work nights two nights a week 10pm-6am (EST) Sunday night and
Monday night.  If a guix developer would like ssh access to it during
those times, then please let me know.  If I should use Mobian instead
to help port guix to it, then I would be willing to switch.

I'd be happy to help out!  Also jmp.chat (2) works really well with
chatty.

Thanks,

Joshua

1) https://postmarketos.org/source-code/

2) https://jmp.chat

* Re: I just got my pinephone.
@ 2021-09-02 15:59 ` Christine Lemmer-Webber
From: Christine Lemmer-Webber @ 2021-09-02 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Branson; +Cc: guix-devel

Joshua Branson <jbranso@dismail.de> writes:

> Hey Guix!
>
> I just got my phinephone.

Horray!  Awesome!

> It's currently running postmarketOS (1).  I usually work nights two
> nights a week 10pm-6am (EST) Sunday night and Monday night.  If a guix
> developer would like ssh access to it during those times, then please
> let me know.  If I should use Mobian instead to help port guix to it,
> then I would be willing to switch.

I wonder how much harder it is to port the pine*.scm stuff over as a
"just get it to boot" first step.  It can't be too hard... can it?!

It looks like I'm being "forced" to switch over to my pinephone as my
primary phone anyway.  So maybe now's a good time to see if we can Guix
it up.

Guix on top of Mobian makes sense as a starting point to just make sure
packiages work though I suppose.  I do have Mobian running on mine so
maybe that's a great place to start.

What I'd really like: to use the Guix System Image API so I can do a
"just works" flash-to-sd-card.

> I'd be happy to help out!  Also jmp.chat (2) works really well with
> chatty.

Let's talk in #guix?!

> Thanks,
>
> Joshua
>
> 1) https://postmarketos.org/source-code/
>
> 2) https://jmp.chat

* Re: I just got my pinephone.
@ 2021-09-04 23:37   ` vidak
From: vidak @ 2021-09-04 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christine Lemmer-Webber; +Cc: guix-devel

Yo all!

Just put the latest nightly Mobian again on my pinephone--I am going to
attempt to put Guix on it over the next couple days.

I will keep everyone posted on how the process goes (:

~vidak