On 10/12/19 9:43 PM, Taylan Kammer wrote: > On 12.10.2019 01:04, Jelle Licht wrote: >> Taylan Kammer writes: >> >>> [snip] (skipped) > > Going by this logic, we could ban support of communism based on things > done by the Soviet or things currently done by the People's Republic of > China or North Korea. just to be more detailed - it's not a pure communism, it's some form of communism-based authoritarian way. (btw, communism sucks anyway) > > There are many religious people who think homosexuality is "wrong" but > strongly disagree with violence, and rather feel "worried for" gay > people who they also try to treat with love. I think they are very > wrong about homosexuality, but I find it commendable that they don't > tolerate violence, and could not in good conscience call them evil and > request them to be silenced. In fact, I would not enjoy contributing to > a community that does so. I'm not religious one, however I suppose homosexuality is wrong (or it's some kind of disease to limit population with malformed genes). BUT, I will *never* oppose them just because they are wrong some kind. Moreover, I do *not* care about it. And I do *not* support any movement against homosexuality. BUT, I do *not* support any movement supporting this, especially those who are using dirty methods such as we can observe right now (against RMS I mean), and going further - those methods are going to looks like a pure fascism against normal people. > > IMO the tabooing of world views based on harms they may cause, or harms > they do cause in various parts of the world, is a slippery slope. > Almost every ideology has peaceful moderates and militant extremists. > > The GNU project should publish a list of ideologies that are officially > banned from its channels so people know what they're in for. All other > topics should be treated neutrally so long as nobody is using slurs or a > bullying attitude. Codes of conduct should clarify whether a rule such > as "no homophobia" simply means no homophobic slurs/bullying, or whether > it means that certain ideologies are banned and others favored. GNU is a technical community - and as a community shouldn't care about someone's politics view or homosexuality. It should be neutral for such things. > > > (I've been using religion and homophobia as an arbitrary example. > Should anyone feel upset by this choice of example, please tell me in > private or otherwise so I can switch to another example. Although I > don't wish to write much more on this off-topic topic...) > > > - Taylan > -- Alexander Vdolainen, Evil contractor.