On Tue, 2021-03-16 at 19:19 +0100, zimoun wrote: > I guess that it will not build for i686. Does it? > If not, the patch attached to the previous email tweaks the offending > test; as the original author of zstd has suggested: > > > > (Thanks to the other Leo for opening the issue.) Indeed it would not pass tests, thanks for the patch. > > Well, I am confused. If the update of zstd from 1.4.4 to 1.4.9 does > not imply a huge rebuild, why is it a graft? And not a simple > update? Well there is some huge rebuild involved, but there is something else happening here, the zstd package as a specification now refers to zstd@1.4.9 and not zstd@1.4.4 (as grafted) because the version is newer, I should've made the zstd@1.4.9 graft package definition private here as I do now for other grafts. $ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh -l zstd Building the following 2 packages would ensure 2 dependent packages are rebuilt: ecl-zstd@1.0-1.d144582 cl-zstd@1.0-1.d144582 We see only 2 here, but it's a false result, zstd is a dependency to way more, Then if we do this: $ ./pre-inst-env guix refresh -l zstd@1.4.4 Building the following 5115 packages would ensure 10443 dependent packages are rebuilt [...] There we are, almost all packages need to be rebuilt. Léo