On Thu, 2021-04-01 at 16:58 +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Hi Léo, > [...] > That’s fine. We have no deadlines, so stepping back from what feels > like a heated discussion for a while and revisiting the points later > comes at very little cost. > > Obviously, you don’t *have* to accept other people’s criticism. But > we > collectively aim to act in a collegial fashion, finding consensus > before > forging ahead with changes to processes. I have not been convinced > by > your arguments and your appeals in this discussion. I can’t speak > for > others, but I would consider it very unwise to ignore the lack of > consensus and just start a new branch when that isn’t what the > collective of long-term contributors agrees to do. > > If that’s not what you’re planning to do then my comments carry no > weight. I do want to stress, though, that hurry is usually misplaced > in > the decision-making process of this project. There are only few > exceptions to this and none warrant precipitating a falling-out. > I never planned to go on and create that security-updates branch, it is clear that there's no consensus for that, also it would require other tools we don't have. However what I disagree with Simon is that they think security updates should not be prioritized, which I don't agree with very strongly. They have repeated that many times in various ways and it annoys me that these arguments come up again and again in response to my messages or contributions even though Simon knows I disagree. There's no other problem to me. There's a thing about my personality and I am sorry to be that way, it's that I am ready to question myself but at a point when the demand to question becomes confrontational way rather than in a friendly way I stop being able to. I feel like I have taken into account many criticism and changed my workflow due to that. I am glad people help me improve the contributions I make to GNU Guix. This thread is a proposal, like all others were, and on some comments I feel attacked personally for even mentionning things that are only proposals to me (I don't even think they're good solutions in the absolute sense, I just propose them). Léo