John Soo schreef op za 26-03-2022 om 09:33 [-0700]: > > Indeed, e.g. it would be nice to figure out how to eliminate > > #:skip- > > build?, replace #:cargo-inputs by regular inputs, figure out how to > > stop having to package multiple versions of the same package. > > My gut feeling is still that the functional package managers need to > collaborate with the rust/cargo team. Rust itself just does not lend > itself well to the model.  It is a shame since we share many of the > same goals (reproducibility and reliability come to the top of mind). (responding to an old post) FWIW, it turns out that Rust actually works well with Guix, only Cargo doesn't, see reccent threads about antioxidant-build-system. Greetings, Maxime.