crodges schreef op wo 06-10-2021 om 09:28 [-0700]: > [...] > I was able to create and run the vm. How can I build a .iso image with my code > changes to install in a vps? I tried to change the code, compile, run > > guix system image -t iso9660 gnu/system/install.scm Don't forget ./pre-inst-env: make && ./pre-inst-env guix system image -t iso9660 gnu/system/install.scm Also, the installer won't use your locally modified guix. IIUC, it will use the 'guix' package, which is normally only used by a few services like cuirass and guix-daemon, and for the initial installation. It shouldn't be necessary to reinstall Guix System, I'd recommend sending a copy of the locally-modified guix repo to your VM, build it, and reconfigure inside the VM (./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure ...) instead. However, it should also be possible to modify the guix used by the installer, using the procedure (current-guix) and and the macro modify-services, see gnu/tests/install.scm for an example. > then I grabbed the .iso from the /gnu/store > > but after installing it, it didn't contain my changes. Am I grabbing the wrong > iso, if so, how should I do this? I may be confusing guix installed in my pc > with the one I'm making changes. Greetins, Maxime.