Ludovic Courtès schreef op do 02-06-2022 om 16:13 [+0200]: > I’m not sure what the conclusion of those bug reports were, but (gnu > build accounts) doesn’t reuse UIDs: you can see that in > ‘user+group-databases’, which reads the initial /etc/{passwd,group}, and > passes them to ‘allocate-passwd’ and ‘allocate-group’, which “reserve” > those initial UIDs/GIDs. > > This is exercised in tests/accounts.scm (search for “no reuse”). Right, I guess I misremembered or misinterpreted the bug reports. Or someone added and removed an account 900 times. > There could be bugs of course, but in that case we should fix them. :-) So in theory there might still be a bug (or at least a limitation), albeit unlikely to encounter in practice. Greetings, Maxime.