Josselin Poiret schreef op wo 30-03-2022 om 17:17 [+0200]: > This means that packages that were not updated to fit the new style > should all fail to cross-compile.  This simple bug could be resolved by > adding %output to gnu-cross-build, however as was argued on IRC this is > now undocumented behaviour and we'd rather switch all packages to the > new style instead.  While I 100% agree with this, I think we should have > a uniform deprecation policy for this matter, and that there shouldn't > be such a disparity between cross and native builds. > > What do you all think? Not sure how this deprecation would look like (a NEWS entry, a blog post, a (lowercase) news entry, a linter detecting %output, ...), but I agree with (eventually) removing %output / %outputs whether cross- compilation or not and for all build systems. More generally, I agree that disparity between cross and native builds would ideally be minimised (I consider native builds to be a special case of cross builds where one can run the compiled binaries and run tests). Greetings, Maxime.