I turn auto-compilation off with --no-auto-compile when developing guile code, that helps. I don't think there's a perfect way around this issue regarding stale caches without fixing up guile itself. Other than that if you put your code for make-go (I don't know what this program is, sorry) into a (package), it should compile correctly without any cache issues for release builds. +$0.02 -- Sincerely, Ryan Sundberg On 9/16/21 3:56 AM, Hartmut Goebel wrote: > Hi, > > quite often, after "git pull" I'm facing this error when running > "make-make-go": > > $ make make-go > Compiling Scheme modules... > Compiling Scheme modules... > [ 69%] LOAD     gnu/packages/admin.scm > error: failed to load 'gnu/packages/check.scm': > ice-9/eval.scm:293:34: In procedure abi-check: #>: > record ABI mismatch; recompilation needed > make: *** [Makefile:7096: make-packages-go] Fehler 1 > > How can I solve this, without removing and rebulding *all* files - which > is time consuming and a waste of electric power. > > I already tried without success "rm gnu/package.go" as well as removing > some other .go-files listed in the output. >