unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* SageMath packaging work
@ 2024-05-22  9:19 Ada Stevenson
From: Ada Stevenson @ 2024-05-22  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel; +Cc: andreas, bavier, sharlatanus

Hi Guix, science team!

I was reaching for SageMath today and couldn't find it in the package
repository. I notice there's a sagemath.scm file, but no actual SageMath
package proper. Is there any work being done on packaging it at the
moment? Are there any particular blockers preventing its packaging
(excessive dependencies, difficult build etc.)?

Having SageMath in Guix would be really handy for me, so I'm happy to
give packaging it a go if the only reason is that there's not enough
interest (I will just have to wait until after exams, so in about 3-4
weeks).

Hope you are all doing well!

Warmly,
Ada