Marius, On 16/12/16 17:09, Marius Bakke wrote: > Pypi archives are sometimes smaller than the raw sources Oh, I didn't know that. > or otherwise "prepared", but I guess no inherent benefits. Good point. I can certainly see people relying too heavily on GitHub (and similar) tarball auto-generation, while uploading a better one to PyPI that they've actually bootstrapped. Since this one builds fine, and the GitHub project is the official home page for better or worse, I'd vote against adding an ‘additional dependency on PyPI infrastucture’ as I think someone on the list put it. A glance at the Guix commit log suggests you're far more knowledgable than I about anything Python, though. Kind regards, T G-R