pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) schreef op za 26-03-2022 om 17:52 [+0100]: > Oh yes, I had not tried that.  Thank you Maxime.  Still with unchanged > original shepherd package, I get exactly the same > shepherd-avahi-daemon.go.drv.gz build failure iff I set (shepherd > new-shepherd).  Therefore I ask how Ludo or perhaps you tested it. > Perhaps you have a proper new-shepherd package definition. I have not tested the wip-fibers variant of Shepherd with Guix. However, looking at scm->go (the procudure resonsible for compiling) in (gnu services shepherd): (with-extensions (list shepherd) [...]) , I'm wondering if the 'propagated-inputs' of 'shepherd' are respected here. Looking at (guix gexp), I don't see any mention of propagation anywhere, so I guess not (unverified). Maybe that's why (fibers) could not be found? For completeness, you could try inheriting from 'shepherd' and using git-reference/git-checkout instead of the copy-build-system (package (inherit shepherd) (source (git-checkout (url "/home/florian/...") (commit ...)))) which would be closer to how shepherd is usually compiled. Greetings, Maxime.