Hello Ludo, On Wed, 2021-03-31 at 23:29 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > It’s unacceptable to call someone “obsessed” just because you > disagree > and calling Simon’s comments “harassment” is equally inappropriate. I really do feel harassed by their comments, it's not just because I disagree, it's that I feel they have been following me around in several of my contributions repeating the same issues, I have heard their criticism and I do disagree but I don't feel like bringing it up over and over and over following me around is a great thing to do at all! I did not try to go and yell all around after for example 'guix pull' was broken after some changes to substitutes handling that were pushed for example. I just trust people to do the best. I know people want the best for GNU Guix. I also want the best for GNU Guix. I am not trying to somehow deliberately break GNU Guix. > We’re all passionate about the project, and each one of us looks at > it > from a different angle. > > You’re new to the project. I think we’re all glad you joined; that > has > already boosted security work and the POWER9 port. But we also have > expectations: that you follow written rules (the code of conduct, the > “Commit Access” section of the manual), and the unwritten rule that, > as > a newcomer, you would humbly listen to suggestions made by more > experienced contributors. I try to listen, and I think I have listened to criticism from many different people. I think we've reached a point where I could not listen anymore from Zimoun because I felt we were going in circles. There's different opinions from different places it seems, where some people agree with my way of doing and some others do not, and I felt like I had more approval from other people and that while Zimoun's criticism has been heard I have not acted upon all of their criticism. Is it possible to do that? > The unresolved issues Simon points out are not just technical > problems; > they’re a hindrance to our cooperation and to our well-being as a > group. > It’s completely okay to make mistakes, but it’s not okay to break the > community rules and to dismiss the opinion of others as unimportant. I do not dismiss other's opinion as not important, I disagree, what do you want me to do? We have different way of doing things, if I do them I do them my way, if they do them they do it their way, what else can we do here? > > Please adjust accordingly. I don't feel like that's entirely fair but I always strive to self- improve. > Thanks, > Ludo’. Léo