Leo Prikler schreef op zo 06-06-2021 om 09:39 [+0200]: > I think we might want to export a utility procedure > (patch-shebangs files inputs) This procedure already exists, but is undocumented and unexported. It is in (guix build gnu-build-system). (define* (patch-shebangs #:key inputs outputs (patch-shebangs? #t) #:allow-other-keys) [...]) > so that files used during build (e.g. configure, Makefile, etc.) can do > (patch-shebangs build-stuff native-inputs) and the rest implicitly gets > (patch-shebangs files inputs) during the patch-shebangs phase. WDYT? Looking at %standard-phases, we have (define %standard-phases ;; Standard build phases, as a list of symbol/procedure pairs. [...] (phases [...] unpack bootstrap patch-usr-bin-file patch-source-shebangs configure patch-generated-file-shebangs build check install patch-shebangs [...])) Here, patch-source-shebangs calls patch-shebang for every file in the source code. As #:path is not set, $PATH is used. Thus, when cross-compiling, native-inputs (+ some implicit inputs) is used, and when compiling natively, the union of native-inputs and inputs (+ some implicit inputs) is used (*). Thus, the files used during build (configure, Makefile, ...) already get a ‘good’ interpreter. (Unless I'm mistaken, I didn't test this.) (*) I looked into separating 'native-inputs' and 'inputs' even when compiling natively but it turned out to be more complicated than first expected. Greetings, Maxime.