Hi Oleg, > I've pushed the split III to master. Fantastic work! > I think you may help! The identification of the group is still human > decision making process and I'm not sure it may be automated in any point. I can certainly help with this then. I'll have some free time on Friday and I can coordinate with you then. > Each of the module header contains a short annotation which packages it > expects to have, feel free to improve it to make it even more clear > for others. > > - golang-check > - golang-web > - golang-crypto > > TBA: > - golang-compression :: Anything related to that subject, see > python-compression, java-compression, perl-compression. > > - golang-build or golang-extension :: Any low level golang add-ons not > included in core distribution see or > any 0 dependencies high reference modules. > > - golang-xyz :: As any other *-xyz module would absorb anything else >   left behind. This all sounds sensible to me. >> 1. Put a magic comment above each package that you would like to move. >> 2. Run a simple script that makes a note of all of these into a >> to-move-list. >> 3. Then stash the change with the comments you made (in case you need >> to change things) >> 4. Run another script that takes the package list and performs the >> move in one's repository. >> 5. Sort out the use-package declarations manually and run tests. >> 6. When satisfied, stash the change and keep just the use-package >> changes. >> 7. Run a final script that loops through all the packages and commits >> each one in turn. >> 8. Rebase to suit. > > We may extend handy script accelerating committing process, see > "etc/committer.scm" Okay, cool, I'll have a look at it on Friday. >> - I'm not a scheme programmer, but I did use Haskell at university so >> I'm familiar with thinking in a functional style. > Me too =), but you still can help by just providing some review to > existing code base and available packages in golagn.scm and trying to > identify close group for each of them. > >> I'm also imagining some the possibility of having a script that can >> remove redundant #:use-module's in the future, though I don't know if >> we care about a few unneeded modules being included. > The clean up task may be organasied after sort process is completed, having > not required #:use-module does not hurt too much but for keeping modules > tidy and fast to load it definitely beneficial. This makes sense. Not a priority at present but a nice-to Looking forward to hacking golang.scm to pieces! Kind regards,  - Christina