Maxime Devos schreef op di 03-05-2022 om 22:44 [+0200]: > Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op di 03-05-2022 om 22:04 [+0200]: > > > Also, why would the user need to split things, couldn't Guix do > > > that > > > automatically? > > Oh, sure, I'll just train a machine learning model to partition > > packages into profiles.  This will obviously be better than a human > > figuring things out, because machines can't fail ever. > > > > In case the above wasn't clear enough, I'd rather leave this > decision > > to the user along with the decision of whether or not to waste > > electricity in training an artificial intelligence.  Offering a > > declarative interface to profile splitting benefits everyone here. > > I did not suggest any machine learning or AI?  Also, how can a > machine > fail here?  The computed partitioning might not be optimal, but as > long > as we're careful with search paths and its not overly suboptimal, any > partititioning would do (in the sense that it doesn't ‘lose’ packages > or invent packages oout of thin air or something). Nevermind, see ‘thematic profiles’. Greetings, Maxime.