On 5/11/20 3:27 PM, Mathieu Othacehe wrote: > > Hello, > > A way to move forward with the installer could be to propose an ISO > image starting a desktop-environment by default. The attached patch > modifies the installation image so that it starts a GNOME session. The > installer is then automatically started, inside a gnome-terminal. > > The resulting ISO image is bigger: 3.9G without compression and 1.7G > with compression. > > Now, I'm not sure this is something we want to merge as-is. Maybe, it's > time to port the installer to a GTK3 application, or a Web > application. As we already have something working, porting (gnu > installer) to a new graphical backend, could be not so hard. > > I don't think I'll have the bandwidth to do this anytime soon, but is > someone is interested, I'm willing to help/review :). > > Thanks, > > Mathieu > I was thinking that designing a good TUI installer would be sufficient, I find the latest Subiquity Ubuntu installer very beautiful and great! Have a look: https://invidio.us/watch?v=Glyj4BjAhME Git: https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/subiquity Do you think there's really a point in doing GUI? Also, if GUI, is there a way to do that with more minimalism while getting the desired features?