On Tue, 2021-03-16 at 21:53 +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > Hi L[ée]o, > > Wow, Léo. You've done some seriously impressive CVE squashing in > such a short timespan, and I'm very grateful to have you on board. I spent few days on this, it's not that much! I did not do much work, I didnt manually backport any patch (or only some with trivial changes that can be made by manually editing the patch file), I don't feel I deserve such thanks, even if they are appreciated, and we are all to be thanked for our work, it's not that impressive, I think I just went down with serious motivation looking at it and doing the repetitive work there. > I have the same request :-) Please submit non-trivial patches for > review (and, unfortunately, grafts are hardly ever trivial). This > isn't a comment on your work; it's our standard way of doing > things. > > I know we're not the #1 bestest project when it comes to the swift > review of patches. I understand the sense of urgency in fixing > things that one feels should have been fixed long ago. Thank you > for helping us to improve on both points. I understand, I am sorry for unsolicited breakage anything might have caused, I will try to put it up for review, I already do try, zstd was one of my earlier grafts, I did realize even by myself that after pushing it I was touching a very critical part of GNU Guix and it would've been better maybe to ask for review before. > Kind regards, > > T G-R Léo