Hi, Am Freitag, den 17.05.2019, 10:26 +0200 schrieb Gábor Boskovits: > Any suggestions to overcome this would be appreciated. I would go with the client/server database. It helps scaling in the long term and Guix must take over the world, no? With SQLite you'll be stuck with the single file on a single server. You could implement your custom replication using rsync or whatever, but you'll have to ensure that the receivers do not write to the file (readonly "slaves"). In the end it will be a problem already solved by Postgres and other server/client databases. I don't know about multi-master replication in Postgres, with MySQL it would be possible. > 200 SQL statements per webpage is excessive for client/server > database like MySQL [...] But with SQLite [it's] not a problem. The main problem the author sees is the roundtrip of the message to the DB server. It's a common problem that you will get into when moving from single machine to cluster. IMHO you shouldn't shy away by sticking to the single machine, but optimize the application to get the benefits that a cluster provides you (mainly availability). Best regards Aljosha (checking Guix out for web development)