Hi Zimoun! > What is this point of the commit: > > 5c8369d6c1 gnu: Add python2-twodict. > > ? The package is used by youtube-dl-gui for updating it at 0.4. I Yes, its for youtube-dl-gui. > guess this package is Python 2 only, correct? TwoDict is can be used with either python 2 or 3. > > (Note the commit message seems wrong, IIRC.) I packaged twodict both as python-twodict and python2-twodict. Thought I only wanted the latter, I did the former to make it available in guix. > Python 2 is EOL since a long time now Ah I see. I didn't know that. > package youtube-dl-gui is from 2018 and the release 0.4 from 2017. > Well, I do not know if it is worth to update such package. :-) I first thought the same, but it seems the app is feature complete and no additional changes. That said, considering deprecation of python2 by python upstream, this package should have been ported to python3. > I propose to deprecate this package because it will be removed soon or later. Yeah, since python2 is deprecated. We could deprecate youtube-dl-gui. Should we do this is as a batch, removing all python2 packages? Regards, RG.