On 28-07-2022 00:25, jgart wrote: > How are users supposed to know to run node and node-mersenne?: They know that, because that was the premise of what they were trying to do: You wrote: "how does a js developer use `guix shell` to load a js line like node-rimraf in a repl currently`: In particular: "load a js like node-rimraf" = run node-rimraf (or in my example, node-mersenne). Also, given that the question contains 'node-SOMETHING', I think it's clear that they wanted to use the _node_ REPL (and not, say, the Guile REPL). Greetings, Maxime.