Blake Shaw schreef op wo 15-06-2022 om 21:40 [+0000]: > > Something I dislike about the ‘file AND file-like objects’ > > construction > > is that it suggests that files and file-like objects are separate > > and > > are handled separately, whereas files (as in, 'local-file' or > > 'computed-file') are just another case of file-like objects to Guix > > (next to 'file-append', 'package', 'git-checkout', ...).  > > Furthermore, > > usually file-like objects aren't files but more often they are > > packages. > > Going off the packages example, are they not often handled  > differently? While I may want to (load "gnu/packages/base.scm"), > a file, Files can be loaded by Guile, yes. > a that I can work with , That's not a file, it's a package record. You ca > as a record I > will get an error if I've included (gnu packages base) in my module > and then try to invoke (load coreutils), although its defined. > > But I think i'm missing your point here.