Ricardo, On Sun, 21 Jul 2019, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Hey there, > > I just wanted to let y’all know that Mumi at issues.guix.gnu.org now > stores raw emails from Debbugs instead of fetching them through the > Debbugs SOAP service. This means that messages are no longer truncated, > which is what happened to some multipart messages in the past. > > While I don’t think Mu is directly suitable for Mumi, I added Mu as a > dependency for now, and I’m indexing all emails in regular intervals. > This can be used to speed up the message search. If you want to > implement this, I’d be happy to receive patches! > > The code for Mumi can be found here: > > https://git.elephly.net/software/mumi.git > > Going forward I think it would be better to use Xapian directly. Then > we could store more relevant information in the database, such as the > Debbugs bug number to which a certain message relates. I would like to > be able to almost instantaneously answer these questions: > > * which of our issues have seemingly been forgotten? > * which have been ignored? > * which issues involve a certain person? > * what issues match this text query? > > Since we’re interested in issues (not individual messages) these > questions cannot quickly be answered with Mu. To compute the issue > number from a message requires parsing it and I’d much rather do this at > index time. > > I guess we could even just fork Mu and make it store additional > information in its database. Very cool! > If you’d like to take part in this effort to make Mumi more useful to > all of us, please reply to this message. I'd like to try to take part. I'm still very much a novice programmer/Guiler, so I might require a fair amount of hand-holding, but if others are working on it too, that should be fine. With the currently deployed mumi, it looks like my mails in https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/36207 are still mangling the '’' after Ludo, but in a different way than before. Perhaps this will be a good place for me to start trying to debug and learning the mail processing code paths in mumi. All the best, Jack