On 07-09-2022 14:17, Andreas Enge wrote: > Am Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 03:03:34PM +0200 schrieb Maxime Devos: >> I meant 'snippet' in this subsubsection. Bugfixes seem useful to have in the >> result of "guix build --source", and appear to be required to be in there for >> the 'corresponding source' thing. > If we distribute the upstream source (as a "binary" substitute) and the > patch (through the Guix sources), my impression is that we do publish the > corresponding source. Well, yes, but just sharing "guix build --sources=transitive ..." is more convenient than having to include a copy of Guix as well. And for people unpacking the result of "guix build --source ..." + "guix shell -D ...", having the bugfixes (where possible) included in there is convenient. So yes, not strictly required, but I do consider including the fixes in the 'source' field (where possible) to be more practical. Greetings, Maxime.