Hi Danny! > thanks for the patches! :-) > In my opinion, in patch 1 you are goading Guix to keep a reference to > .../bin/true . > > coreutils is an implicit build input anyway, so no need to do that stuff. > > And if you do it, it looks as if you want it to keep a reference to coreutils > at runtime (it doesn't, but just saying). It looks more complicated, too. Thanks for the tip. I will keep this mind moving forward. > Please if you update the actual package from upstream, mention that fact in > the commit log. If the actual upstream package changes, that's a serious > change, right? People might wanna know where that happens. Sure! I usually mention the version update as a part of * gnu/packages [...]. Should that be enough or do I also mention as a part of gnu: [...]? > In patch 2 could have used rename-file instead of (copy; delete). Thanks for the tip. I will keep this mind moving forward. > What use is having a thing both propagated-input and regular input? > (genuinely asking) IIRC, propagated-inputs are installed along-side the package, whereas, inputs are not. But I do not see any use of mentioning something in both. > Pushed to wip-desktop with minor changes (almost none of the above except > for the (copy; delete) thing). Thank you! Regards, RG.