unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Come speak at the Guix Social meetup
@ 2024-06-04  8:19 Steve George
From: Steve George @ 2024-06-04  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, guix-devel

Hi,

We're looking for speakers - of any level - to give talks at the Guix online meetup. We're a small, friendly group at all levels of experience. Talks can be about anything Guix associated, for example:

- Experiences using or learning Guix
- Particular commands or capabilities - deploying VM's, building a desktop etc
- Using the declarative configuration approach
- Packaging or creating system services
- Something mad, interesting or curious!

Whatever it is, we'd love to hear it!

We've had recent talks by Ludo [0] and David Wilson (System crafters) [1]. We have an upcoming talk on June 18th by David Thompson [2] who will be talking about Guile, Guix and his work on Guile Hoot. And, on July 11th Vagrant Cascadian will be talking about reproducibility and Guix. After that ...

Just to repeat - talks can be any length (10-20-45 mins), and at any level :-)

Thanks,

Steve / Futurile

[0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=339dRDf4c6E
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oINCgds-8kA