unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Steve George <steve@futurile.net>
To: help-guix@gnu.org, guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Thanks for attending the first patch review session!
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 22:54:39 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came along to Guix London's
first patch review session!

Along with a special thanks to Andreas Enge for jumping in as our first
committer showing how he reviews and answering a host of questions.

Arun, Chris, Fabio and I were really excited to see you all!

I hope you'll allow a little bit of chaos as it's the first time we've
tried this - plus my 'robot voice' when I demo'd!

Next time we'll split into some breakout rooms much faster so that
everyone can work together and help each other at the right level.

If you have time to dig-in and review some patches before next time,
check out the 'step-by-step' instructions on the Wiki:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024

Would love your feedback or edits.

There are also links to the patch-review-hackers-list list [0] and
explanations of the other usertags reports.

Our next session is on Wednesday March 20th - this is a mixed session -
if you're in London you can join Arun, Chris and Fabio in person. Or you
can be virtual and with a robot voice, like me!

We're looking for feedback on how to make the sessions work for everyone
- if you'd like to help in any way give us a shout!

Steve (on behalf of the Guix London team)

p.s. we haven't forgotten about the questions that were asked, we'll
collect those together into an FAQ and add them to the wiki page.

[0]
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=patch-review-hackers-list;users=guix