From: Jonathan Brielmaier <jonathan.brielmaier@web.de>
To: Raghav Gururajan <raghavgururajan@disroot.org>, guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [ICEDOVE]: Critical Information for Thunderbird 78
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 12:21:41 +0200

On 28.06.20 01:24, Raghav Gururajan wrote:
> Hello Guix!
>
> I just got the following pop-up on icedove and wanted to inform you all.
>
> *** START ***
>
> Critical Information for Thunderbird 78
>
> If you depend on the security of OpenPGP messages for important
> purposes, then please do NOT manually upgrade to Thunderbird 78.0.
> Instead, wait until you are automatically upgraded.
>
> The traditional Enigmail Add-on will not be available for Thunderbird
> 78. As a replacement, Thunderbird 78 will include built-in support for
> OpenPGP.
>
> The Thunderbird team needs more time to finalize this work. In version
> 78.0 it's still an experimental feature and disabled by default.
>
> If you don't depend on the security of OpenPGP for important purposes,
> then you are welcome to enable it manually and help with testing.
>
> The stable release of OpenPGP functionality is planned for Thunderbird
> version 78.2.

Thanks for this head up. Version 78 should be released somewhere in July
according to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Home#Latest_release

We have to see when Thunderbird 78.0.0 comes out if it have security
updates. Then we have to update it and people relying on pgp support
have to use inferriors...

~Jonathan

  reply index