On Sat, 2021-03-27 at 11:07 +0100, Vincent Legoll wrote: > Hello, > > I'd like to reiterate my proposal to document our > ongoing projects, maybe with a "WIP" page on the > web site (even if I'm not a web guy, I volunteer > the maintenance of it). > > * CI-built pinebook-pro images [1] > * other ARM boards > * ppc64 & ppc > * Hurd VM > * Full source bootstrap > > And probably other things I missed. > > This should complement the ML archives, IRC logs or > blog, with pointers to (hopefully) more current infos > on those subjects. > > WDYT ? > > [1] I only (accidentally) discovered today that those > exist > That would be really awesome, I suggest that we introduce such a mechanism in a way that ANYONE can edit and that we moderate or filter spam after the fact, not *before*. As gatekeeping in this way will make the WIP documents edits grind to a halt and not be a viable solution. We could use a wiki for this, but inspired by Wikipedia's model where one does not need to register, or that registration is approved with an easy process where many people have power to approve registrations so registrations are never stuck waiting for approval. After such registrations, users must be able to make unlimited edits to the wiki as they wish. If there's problematic edits, we can moderate and filter spam after the fact. These are to me requirements for such an initiative to succeed.