unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Call for testers for bootloader subsystem rewrite!
@ 2024-08-04  4:09 Lilah Tascheter
From: Lilah Tascheter @ 2024-08-04  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey!

I just submitted a patchset containing a full rewrite of Guix's
bootloader subsystem, as in its current state, it was only really meant
to support GRUB. Seeing as we support a large variety of bootloaders,
and a bug in this subsystem could be disasterous, I figured I'd ask for
testers here.

So, anyone willing to throw an experimental patchset at some
(recoverable!) hardware, please test it out and tell me any issues you
encounter!

Link on the issue tracker: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/72457

Thanks!!

* Re: Call for testers for bootloader subsystem rewrite!
@ 2024-08-12 14:28 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2024-08-12 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lilah Tascheter
  Cc: guix-devel, Efraim Flashner, Vagrant Cascadian,
	Christopher Baines, Josselin Poiret, Mathieu Othacehe,
	Simon Tournier, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice

Hi Lilah,

Lilah Tascheter <lilah@lunabee.space> skribis:

> I just submitted a patchset containing a full rewrite of Guix's
> bootloader subsystem, as in its current state, it was only really meant
> to support GRUB. Seeing as we support a large variety of bootloaders,
> and a bug in this subsystem could be disasterous, I figured I'd ask for
> testers here.
>
> So, anyone willing to throw an experimental patchset at some
> (recoverable!) hardware, please test it out and tell me any issues you
> encounter!
>
> Link on the issue tracker: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/72457

Just to let you know that I flagged this patch set a while ago already:
I think this is much needed and looks like a step in the right
direction, but I just haven’t allocated time to review it yet.
Apologies!

Could someone from the embedded or core teams (Cc’d) give a hand?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Call for testers for bootloader subsystem rewrite!
@ 2024-08-12 15:17   ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2024-08-12 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès
  Cc: Lilah Tascheter, guix-devel, Vagrant Cascadian,