On 2024-06-01 15:39:56 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Tomas Volf <~@wolfsden.cz> skribis: > > > I am currently struggling when trying to create a computed-file producing > > internationalized content. Simple reproducer is: > > I think you found out in the meantime :-), but for posterity, one > possibility is to set ‘%default-port-encoding’: > > (fluid-set! %default-port-encoding "UTF-8") Thanks for the information :) While this approach works (even the set-port-encoding! does), the problem with this approach is that this needs to be put into every computed-file, making it easy to forget (especially with #$random-variable, where you might not even know if Unicode is present or not). And is not possible at all with likes of program-file. So I still hope someone manages to take a look at https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71257 which should just fix it for everyone across majority of the G-exp forms. Have a nice day, Tomas Volf -- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.