On Thu, May 02, 2024 at 02:58:39PM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote: > Am Thu, May 02, 2024 at 11:00:15AM +0200 schrieb Ludovic Courtès: > > That was 8 years ago though (eight!). At this point I think defaulting > > to /var and /etc would do more good than harm. > > What do others think? > > I have always been in favour of /var and /etc as defaults, and > unsurprisingly still am. That would make the "technical" default coincide > with the "social" default. > > Another option discussed at the time, but which would require to start from > scratch in a sense, is to have everything Guix related under /gnu. I have > always found it weird that the database registering the contents of > /gnu/store was not close to /gnu/store; by moving it into /gnu, one could > delete/backup/restore the directory easily. It certainly would be nice to have everything Guix related under /gnu, then we could also have the option of giving it its own btrfs subvolume. -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted