unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il>
To: guix-devel@gnu.org, Christina O'Donnell <cdo@mutix.org>,
	Steve George <steve@futurile.net>
Subject: Vim helper config for Guix
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 09:43:02 +0300	[thread overview]

I've been meaning to upstream my guix.git specific vimrc config file,
like the .dir-locals.el in the repo.  It is architected so that it also
works in git worktrees.

jump-to-definition works with C+]

If you have guix.vim installed then :Guix defaults to using
./pre-inst-env guix from that worktree.

opening new files ignores the .go files when tab completing

Most of the line indentation works pretty well. Vim, by default for lisp
languages, hardcodes an indent as 2 spaces, and I haven't gotten around
to learning how to write an indentexpr to make it work for guix. As a
result some of the indentation is close but not quite correct, and there
are some cases where the indentation is straight up ignored.  I think
that's the case inside g-expressions, but I don't remember.

I've also included a link to my vimrc¹ if anyone wants to see what I
have there.

¹ https://git.sr.ht/~efraim/guix-config/tree/master/item/vim

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא