On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 04:23:01PM +0100, Hartmut Goebel wrote: > Am 21.03.24 um 07:12 schrieb MSavoritias: > > Specifically the social rules that we support trans people and we want > > to include them. Any person really that want to change their name at > > some point for some reason. > > Interestingly you are asking the right to get the old name rewritten for > trans people only. > > To be frank: IMHO This is a quiet egocentric point of view. I took it in as though we were discussing the recent activity, not that it was ONLY this instance that we care about. I have a number of friends who have more than 1 set of names and specifically wish to to by one set over the other. The point is that there is a vocal portion of people in the world who insist on deadnaming people, and that is not okay. > In many cultures all over the world women are required to change their name > when they merry. And you are not asking for women's right. But only for > right for the small but loud minority of trans people. As a project, we support people by addressing them by their preferred name, and honoring their wishes as to name, gender, honorifics, etc. For all people. If a person chooses to go by their "maiden name" or their "married name" or a pseudonym, that's their prerogative. > > -- > Regards > Hartmut Goebel > > | Hartmut Goebel | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | > | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible | > > -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted